”Adopt Your New Best Friend”
Tue – Sat 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
1747 Scenic Drive, Toccoa, GA 30577
Health and Safety are our top priorities.
The humane shelter has:
• Heated floors in canine areas
• Entire shelter is air conditioned
• Separate ventilation systems for all areas
• Quarantine & treatment areas
• Floors treated to resist bacteria & viruses
• Stainless steel containment for longevity
• Outside exercise areas for canines
Help Save a Life!
Make a Donation to the Joey Fund
Donations to this fund helps provide medical care beyond what we can offer at the shelter. Animals with serious and often life threatening conditions that require diagnostic tests, special treatments, blood work, X-rays and surgeries to repair broken bones have all been paid for with funds donated to the Joey Fund.
• You shop through AmazonSmile, and Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice: listed as Toccoa-Stephens County Humane Shelter
• AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know…same products, same prices, same service.
On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you need to select Toccoa-Stephens County Humane Shelter to receive donations before you begin shopping. They will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make on AmazonSmile will result in a donation. The percentage is off the purchase price minus any rebates and excluding shipping and taxes. From time to time, they may offer special, limited-time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations.
If you can’t afford our regular low-cost spay/neuter program, just pay $20 and we have grant funds that will cover the rest of the cost to have your pets spayed or neutered. Call 706-282-3275 to get program details or come by the shelter to reserve space on the next transport.
Follow us on Facebook
Toccoa-Stephens County Humane Shelter for what’s happening NOW at the shelter.
Find out about lost pets, new arrivals, how you can help our critical needs pets and Public Service Announcements.
Recent Facebook Posts
2017 Shelter Statistics
Return to Owners 127
Live Release Rate: 75.51%
2016 Shelter Statistics
Return to Owners 96
Live Release Rate 72.7%
2015 Shelter Statistics
Return to Owners 126
Live Release Rate 79.5%
The “Live Release Rate” is calculated by adding animals adopted, returned to owners and transfers and dividing this number by total outcomes to give us the percentage of live releases from the shelter for the year. 2017 Shelter statistics
Click Here to View Details